Hyderabad Best Clinic For Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that changes the life cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis causes cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form thick, silvery scales and itchy, dry, red patches that are sometimes painful. Psoriasis is a persistent, long-lasting (chronic) disease.
Causative factors for Psoriasis:
The exact cause of psoriasis is not fully understood. The processes involved in the development of psoriasis as largely understood. Although cold climate and some form of injury can aggravate the problem they cannot be labeled as the cause of disease. The precise cause of psoriasis continues to elude the medical fraternity.
Factors that may trigger psoriasis include:
- Infections, such as strep throat or skin infections
- Injury to the skin, such as a cut or scrape, bug bite, or a severe sunburn
- Cold weather
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Red patches of skin covered with silvery scalesSmall scaling spots (commonly seen in children)
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleedItching, burning or sorenessThickened, pitted or ridged nailsSwollen and stiff joints
- Psoriasis patches can range from a few spots of dandruff-like scaling to major eruptions that cover large areas.
How to diagnose psoriasis?
Usually diagnosis of psoriasis depends upon medical history and examining skin, scalp and nails. Skin biopsy is the diagnostic test for Psoriasis. Doctor may take a small sample of skin (biopsy) that’s examined under a microscope to determine the exact type of psoriasis and to rule out other disorders. A skin biopsy can generally be done in a doctor’s office after application of a local anesthetic.
As Psoriasis is not just a disease of the skin and is many times due to imbalances in the immune system local applications and ointments will not be helpful to control psoriasis. Psoriasis treatment at Barbie skin and laser clinic not only aims at relieving the symptoms, but treats the root cause to control psoriasis. people feedback suggest that Barbie skin and laser clinic is highly effective in treatment of psoriasis without any side effects and people are highly satisfied with Barbie skin and laser clinic treatment for psoriasis.
Dr.M N Rao
MBBS, DD(OSM), Skin & Cosmetologist